Reading Time: 2 minutes
Pause a Moment Before Reading Further
In order to qualify:
- You must have filed your 2018 South Carolina Individual Income Tax Return by October 15, 2019.
- You must have a 2018 South Carolina tax liability of at least $50 after credits.
- Not sure how to determine your tax liability? Take a look at your 2018 return:
- Original returns (SC1040): If Line 15 – (Line 21 + Line 22) is $50 or more, you qualify
- Amended returns (SC1040X): If Line 14 – Line 11 is $50 or more, you qualify
How will eligible taxpayers receive their rebate?
Eligible South Carolina taxpayers will receive their paper rebate checks by mail.
- You will receive it as a $50 paper check, regardless of how you may have received your 2018 refund.
- Each check will be mailed to the most recent address we have on file for you, which is typically the address on your 2018 South Carolina Individual Income Tax Return.
When will eligible taxpayers receive their money?
According to the Legislature, rebates will be issued to eligible taxpayers by December 2. The SC Department of Revenue has started issuing checks.
- Rebates are being issued to eligible taxpayers in zip code order.
- If you moved recently and have not updated your address with the SCDOR, your check may be delayed.
- Want to know if your check is in the mail? Check your rebate status here. Enter $50.00 in the Refund Amount field.
How do I identify my rebate check?
- The check will say “SC Tax Rebate” on the memo line.
- The check will be for exactly $50.
- Information about the rebate will be included on the page that the check is printed on.
For more information, please visit https://dor.sc.gov/rebate.