Reading Time: 4 minutes
How to Choose Your Sherpa- A Retirement Guide Can Be Helpful
- Portfolio Excellence. We locally manage all our portfolios with portfolio management expertise by an in-house Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Planning Excellence. We custom design your financial plan along side you. We listen to your personal goals, risk tolerances, and time horizon(s).
- Maximizing Time. We use real-time integration of your financial plan, your portfolio, and your risk tolerances.
- Minimizing Fees. As an independent advisor, we strive to minimize all fees, including taxes.
- Tax and Estate Planning. We have CPA backgrounds and CFP® experience that help us coordinate with your attorney or CPA.
- Behavioral Coaching. We guide you through major life decisions and the inevitable emotional periods of bull and bear markets.
- Social Security, retirement plans, pension options and choices;
- Income planning and nest-egg distribution (how to not run out of money, income replacement, and budgeting);
- Life and long-term care insurance;
- Health and wellness;
- Tax management and required minimum distributions (RMDs);
- Managing debt (if you have it);
- Lifestyle decisions;
- Aging parents and other dependents;
- Estate planning (How much is enough? How much should we leave our heirs? How do we decide who should get what?);
- Housing decisions (Should we downsize?).
Intelligent Investing is an independent, fee-only registered investment adviser (RIA) with a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest at all times. We are paid only one way–by our clients. Fee-only means we don’t sell any products and are paid based on the assets that we steward. This removes potential conflicts of interest in our advice and places us on the same side of the table as you. We put ourselves in your shoes for every decision we make.
We hope you have enjoyed our mini-blog series on the parallels between climbing Mount Everest and transitioning into Retirement.
To read our other blogs, click below: (NEED TO ADD HYPERLINKS)
The Slippery Slope of COVID-19 (Navigating the Bear Market)- Part 1 of 4
The Slippery Slope of COVID-19 (Beware: Avalanches Lie Ahead)- Part 2 of 4
The Slippery Slope of COVID-19 (The Incredible Cost to Climb Mount Everest)- Part 3 of 4