- This event has passed.
April 6, 2018- FFN@N (Professionals’ Retirement Exit Plan- PREP Talk)
April 6, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This month’s First Friday Networking at Noon event was a condensed version of our Professionals’ Retirement Exit Plan (or PREP Talk) we give to the community.
Professionals’ Retirement Exit Plan (or PREP Talk) is geared towards professionals in their 50s or 60s who want to have a gameplan as they head towards the retirement runway. We discussed the Retirement Equation and how to know if you are ready for retirement. We may cover topics such as:
- How much can I safely spend in retirement?
- Do I have enough saved to retire?
- What if I get laid off or have a health issue before I am ready to retire?
- What if the market crashes right after I retire?
- What risks are common in retirement?
- How should I distribute my accounts in retirement?
- Twice the spouse/ Half the income- How to have a happy transition into retirement
- When should I consider taking Social Security?
- Healthcare, long-term care insurance and costs during retirement
Hans Blake, CFA, CPA Bio
Hans has worked with high-net worth individuals and institutions around the world. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who managed over $350M before founding Intelligent Investing. Hans has spent his entire career helping people minimize financial stress to maximize their lives.
The Chartered Financial Analyst® charter is considered by many to be the gold standard among financial professionals. Less than 20% of those who start the process ever become CFA® charterholders. Hans writes financial articles and gives public Intelligent Talks. He has been interviewed by The Greenville News, has appeared on WYFF News 4 and has frequented local radio programs to talk about the markets and portfolio management. In 2016, he received the Highest Award for Achievement by Dale Carnegie.